Monday, February 8, 2010

My experience with camera-less filmmaking so far.

Camera-less filmmaking has been much more challenging than I expected when coming into this class. At first I figured it wouldn't take much to scratch a few things on film, experiment with different methods of coloring and so on. Now I am finding it is much harder to achieve a particular effect by these means. Time is very limited and the timing aspect has been challenging for me to grasp. It is also very challenging to do animation on such a small scale. I can't understand how the hell animators did anything before there were computers. It has been eye opening to me so far. I love and hate the fact that I have no clue what something I create will look like when projected on screen. I hope I am able to create the feel of earth and wind in the first project. But we will have to wait and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment