Monday, February 22, 2010

Second Scratch Film Junkies Response

It was very interesting to see ow they got text to scroll, and how they could keep shapes in the same place while others moved around them. Supprized me that i felt some sort of rythym matching the picture. It wasnt as "in your face" as other films like that one guy with the matching movements of lines on the film with the sound of bass strings. This was much more complex in nature. I didn't question why this was being done--why someone had decided to make this film. Rather I entered this film with an inquisitive mind and let the images take over. I think the soundtrack may have also made this a much more enjoyable experience for my. It was actually musical in nature, making it feel like a music video (unlike the last video which was just an annoying compilation of drum banging). I found myself not being able to wait for the next frame to see what kind of techniques they used to make their film.

No comments:

Post a Comment