Monday, March 15, 2010

Capturing Images for the 48 hour video race

Ok, so here are a few things I had in mind for the 48 hour video race.
I could use a scanner to grab some really cool textures of interesting materials. Bagged liquids, squished foods, and colored clay were a few ideas that came to mind. I could also use my crappy cell phone camera to get a few clips. I thing I will end up doing a lot in photoshop and after effects for this project. I can see myself using the scanned images as backgrounds for animation. I would also like to try some original, hand drawn animation using photoshop. What is really want to do is look online at some hacking sites to see if there is any way I can make my own primitive video camera from scrap parts. It would be neat to try and modify an old scanner to do this. Found this video for turning one into a sweet still camera if anyone wants to check it out. Reminded me of the pinhole cameras in my freshman photography class in high-school.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1763261/turn_a_flatbed_scanner_into_a_camera/

This is another link to a cool video made using only a scanner.
http://vimeo.com/6359800

No comments:

Post a Comment