Monday, April 19, 2010

Mystery Workshop Response

I thought the whole Star Wars uncut idea was really unique. Even through its going to be hard as hell to keep with the whole story when the scenes and characters are changing every 15 seconds, but thats just part of the fun. Its empowering to see how amateurs and professionals alike can work together at such a fast pace to recreate one of the greatest movies of all time. I happened to bring a lot of technical looking junk computer parts to decorate our set to be the inside of the millennium falcon. In my mind I had this fantastical image of how it would all look when we finished shooting, but we were so concerned with decorating that we forgot about camera, lighting and acting. Needless to say it looks like a piece of shit, but thats what makes it so fun because that piece of shit still has a good chance of making it into the final movie which would be hilarious and well worth the time. We had a green screen sequence in there somewhere, but I think we decided just to leave it up there fun comedic effect instead of mapping over it. In all it was a very fun project, it really made me think back to my days as a freshman when I truly loved film. I don't know why, but getting together with a group of friends, a camera, and some crazy ideas will never get old to me as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment