Monday, April 26, 2010

Project Ratings

Rankings #1-7

#1. Multiplane Animation
This was one of my favorite assignments because I happen to really enjoy animation. I was intrigued by the idea of using the Bolex to do stop motion. I loved getting a chance to experiment with multi-plane animation in real life. I have always worked with computer animation using interpolation. Working by hand definitely made me appreciate the artistry involved in the processes I have come to take for granted.

#2. Camera-less Filmmaking
This was a great project to start out with. I feel like I should have done this in the 201 class. My generation of filmmakers are disconnected with physical medium itself. Just being able to touch and manipulate real film helped me to remember how new the digital age truly is.

#3. Bolex Long Take
Again, this long take was so important to me realizing how precious film really is, and just how much you can communicate in one minute. I though messing with the frame rate and loading the camera was fun. I loved being there for the whole process. It made the film so special to me, in a way DV never will (I mean it was basically like watching a child being born). Good times, loved planning and blocking, made the actually event seem so special because we really only had one time to get it right.

#4. Star-Wars
I like this because it was so spur of the moment, and creative. It was so fun watching just acting like kids again and pretending to fly into space. I loved that we didn't have to worry so much about the the aspects we normally do in film classes (lighting, exposure etc.).

#5. Recycled Footage
Had I not been held up by some serious technical difficulties I feel like this would have been my favorite project. But in the end I had very little time to get it done. But I love editing found footage to make ridiculous looking situations. I only wish this project were allowed to go over one minute.
#6. 48-Hour Video Race
Loved the viewing process, but I was irresponsible and waited until the last minute. Truly regretted doing that after seeing the other films because I could have had a lot of fun with it.

#7. Rhythmic Editing
Interesting concept. Glad I had to do it because it helped redefine the possibilities of the medium for me. For me, however, it just wasn't as fun as the other.









No comments:

Post a Comment